Wednesday, September 12, 2018

My Name is Heroin

I found this poem years ago, before I started using heroin. I always knew how addicting and deadly it could be but I guess I just didn't care. I think one reason why it took me so long to try it is because I knew how much I would like it. I was right. I don't know who the original author of this poem is but everyone should read it. It's completely, 100% true.

I destroy homes, tear families apart
Take your children, and that's just the start
I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold
The sorrow I bring is a sight to behold

If you need me, remember, I'm easily found
I live all around you, in schools and in town
I live with the rich, I live with the poor
I live down the street, and maybe next door

My power is awesome, try me, you'll see
But if you do, you may never break free
Just try me once and I might let you go
But try me twice and I'll own your soul

When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie
You'll do what you have to, just to get high
The crimes you'll commit for my narcotic charm
Will be worth all the pleasure you'll feel in your arm

You'll lie to your mother, you'll steal from your dad
When you see their tears, you should feel sad
But you'll forget your morals, and how you were raised
I'll be your conscience, I'll teach you my ways

I take kids from parents, and parents from kids
I turn people from god and separate friends
I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride
I'll be with you always, right by your side

You'll give up everything, your family, your home
You friends and your money, then you'll be alone
I'll take and I'll take til you have nothing more to give
When I'm finished with you, you'll be lucky to live

If you try me, be warned, this is no game
If given the chance, I'll drive you insane
I'll ravish your body, I'll control your mind
I'll own you completely, your soul will be mind

The nightmares I'll give you while laying in bed
The voices you'll hear from inside your head
The sweats and the shakes, the visions you'll see
I want you to know, they're all gifts from me

By then, it's too late and you'll know in your heart
That you are now mine and we shall not part
You'll regret that you tried me, they always do
But you came to me, not I to you

You knew this would happen, many times you were told
But you challenged my power and chose to be bold
You could have said no and just walked away
If you could live that day over, what would you say?

I'll be your master and you'll be my slave
I'll even go with you when you go to your grave
Now that you've met me, what will you do?
Will you try me or not? It's all up to you

I can bring you more misery than words can tell
Come take my hand, let me lead you to hell

No comments:

Post a Comment